We lived in Rosewood for years and have always loved the friendly people and diversity of the area. Residents also benefit from its many parks (which feature walking trails & running tracks, a newly added biking pump track, childrens' playground, athletic fields/courts, disc golf course, community gardens & orchard, skateboarding park and more), high school sports stadium, historic airline hangar turned brewery, public airport, locally-owned shops and Columbia's only urban farm, City Roots.
There are many community groups to help you get to know your neighbors and plenty of events throughout the year to keep you busy such as:
- Front Porch Roll Call: Community events hosted by different neighbors where the Columbia Police Department starts their night shift and introduces themselves to the public to create community ties. Officers will take any questions and give an update on local happenings. Afterwards, the officers are fed and then neighbors eat and enjoy a beer or lemonade together while getting to know one another.
- There is a private "Rosewood Neighbors" Facebook Group where those who live in the area can interact and announce fun things such as group tubing and floating trips down the river on warm weekends.
- Rosewood Art & Music Festival: free, outdoor festival celebrating southern arts and culture with live music, visual arts & poets on multiple stages. They have vendors offering food and beverages, art, jewelry, gifts and more.
Food and Groceries:
- Rosewood Market: Natural foods store and deli with all sorts of healthy, tasty fare. They have great kombucha, beer, wine and an assortment of other non-alcoholic options. You can also stock up on alternative health, wellness and beauty products, including CBD oils, creams & teas. Address: 2803 Rosewood Drive
- Publix: 2800 Rosewood Dr
- Danos Pizza: 3008 Rosewood Dr
- 5th Avenue Deli: Open 11 AM - 3PM Monday through Saturday. 3000 Rosewood Dr #1.
- Rockaway Athletic Club: 2719 Rosewood Drive
- Rosewood Dairy Bar: 3003 Rosewood Drive
- Sakura Japanese
- Marco's Pizza: 3801 Rosewood Drive
- Main Moon: 2800 Rosewood Drive
- Eric's San Jose
Nightlife and Entertainment:
- Fox Field Neighborhood Bar and Grille: low-key, local bar that has live music regularly on the stage out back. Address: 406 Howard Street
*More Coming Soon!
Find a Home in Rosewood
About the Neighborhood
- Forest Acres
- Kings Grant
- Melrose Heights